- Cover dish with a plate turned upside down.
- Keep leftovers in the cooking pot, in the fridge.
- Cover dish with unbleached parchment paper (compostable).
- Cover with reusable and compostable wax wraps. Find them on Etsy
- Use a container with a reusable lid. There are glass dishes with plastic lids, stainless steel tiffins, and retro 1950s glass dishes with glass lids.
- Put it in a mason jar or repurposed jar that used to hold marinara, pickles, etc.
- Use a silicone bag. Stasher bags
- Wrap a burrito in a tea towel. We can't do this in my house because everything is covered in cat hair.
- If aluminum foil is needed, you can clean it, dry it, and reuse it again later. You can also keep balling it up until it becomes at least 2 inches wide and then toss it into your recycling bin.