Here's a list of ideas for your zero waste / sustainable journey. I hope this helps! As a preface:
- The most environmentally friendly thing you can do is to use what you already have; don't re-buy everything or throw something out because it doesn't align with your zero waste ethos. If it's harmful for your health, that's an exception.
- Shop secondhand first. There's no need to buy all of this new. Allow yourself to gradually transition.
- Everything listed is vegan. It isn't listed per item since that would be repetitive.
- Keep in mind the 5 Rs, as coined by Bea Johnson: "Refuse what you do not need, Reduce what you do need, Reuse what you consume, Recycle what you cannot Refuse, Reduce or Reuse, and Rot (Compost) the rest."
View All Swaps
- At their end-of-life, recycle them. These don't belong in the curbside recycle bin. Find a battery recycling program. Counties / cities offer this at a recycling center.
- Opt for rechargeable batteries for common sizes.